why wont my windows go up or down

Asked by Jun 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM about the 1994 Pontiac Firebird Base

neither of my windows open

I'd start by taking a look at your fuse panel...there's a cartoon on the lid where you are going to find that fuse or fuses...there is also a relay (will have to check) if new fuses don't blow now too~

1,415

Make sure your battery has full voltage -- 12.5V to 13V with engine off and more than 14V with engine running. Once you are convinced that your battery and Alternator are good (and you can go right to this step first) Check your fuses, I suggest checking them each with an Ohm meter. If all you fuses are good then you can start looking into relays and window motors, but that is not as likely as fuses and not as easy as fuses. --- (Im assuming you have electric windows here!!) If they are not electric -- turn that handle thingy around in circles a few times!!

there isn't a relay....rockauto.com keeps pointing me to your switches...could it be that your bank of four switches has come unplugged?

http://www.rockauto.com/

you know they have a point...the driver's side controls everything and you can lock 'em out~ so if you could test power to your switches....maybe you'll find them unplugged in the process~

20

I dont have the fuse panel to tell me which fuse is for the windows. Do you have a guess which one it is? 1994 firebird..