where is the o2 sensor on my car located and will it make my car hard to start up

Asked by Jun 07, 2012 at 08:53 PM about the 1994 Pontiac Firebird Base

my car starts but if i let it sit for like twenty mins or so it seems like the fuel doesnt stay int the line
because i have to turn my switch on and off three or four times before it will start and i just replaced the
fuel filter so thats not my problem and i need help figureing this out please and thank you

o2 sensor souldnt play any part in starting especially if the car has cooled. I would lean towards a leaky fuel pressure regulator.

try changing the fuel filter.

Sounds like the pressure is bleeding off on your fuel pump. Time to replace the fuel pump, most likely.

Just a thought, as I replaced my fuel pump twice in one year, as well as the pressure regulator and the a few other components. Finally did some real diagnostic work and traced it to the fuel pump relay switch, which is connected to the anti-theft through the ignition. Used my spare key and the problem has not repeated since. The chip in the original key was worn out.