car has no spark and no fuel

20

Asked by Mar 03, 2012 at 07:55 PM about the 1994 Pontiac Firebird Base

94 firebird was a v6 car but swaped out to a lt1 with a t56 trans, eveythis is hooked up but motor just
turns over, fuel pump dose not come on, and not getting any spark, the check engine light dose not
come on when u turn key on and security light flashes, checked all grounds and fuses, and junking box,
it dose have the right pcm and harnes out of a trans am, woundering if anyone could help me out with
this problum i cant figure it out

35

double check ground from battery to motor

do you have a computer chip in the key if you do, most common problem is the wire on the ignition switch is broken , to fix it you need to change the the key cylinder which involves removing the steering wheel , if you've never done this before find someone that knows how .

2,825

Check that the crank angle sensor is working, it should give an on-off (frequency) signal. Or check the resistance value across the two terminals.

525

i am willing to bet the vats system does match the ecu

20

im the owner the, the vats system was by passed no broken wires, the fuel pump dose not kick on at all no spark, no injector pulse, the check engine light dosent come on when u turn key to on pos is the a diffrence between the fuse boxes in a v6 car v8 car?

525

i believe the wiring is different on the 2 cars. check for power going to the ecu. which method did you use to bypass the vats. some are better than others. you can also go into the ecu tune out the vats system that way.

20

i didnt bypass it i didnt no it was untill i was gonna do it to see if that would work i canfigure it o did the same swap and see if they ran into anyproblums like thisut i need to talk to some that