1996 pontiac, 19,000 miles, 6 speed all the goodies-------------1 bad thing , small puddle of water on floor behind drivers seat when it rains--don't want to dance with weatherstripping etc, would rj

Asked by Mar 20, 2013 at 02:53 PM about the 1996 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

seatdon't want to do any weatherstripping stuff - would rather just seal the tops or sell it---what should i ask for if selling is the answer and what do i use to seal them if thats the way to go??  jonlee_r@yahoo.com

19,995

5,500 as is if it looks like 19k it should sell even with the flaw

do you have any idea what or how to seal the tops in place? i know that once sealed i can never take them off again but i only ever took them off once so i don't really care about that. he guy who told me about "sealing" and not weatherstripping said it's much cheaper and that i could even do it myself! LOL--'m a little old lady and i'm not tackleing that job.thanks for the $$$ answer but i'd like to exhaust the sealant procedure first--can you help me ------------jon lee

1,095

the car is practically brand new, id put the money in weatherstripping it.

well--you type too fast--Is $1500.00 for weatherstripping a good price ---and am i right, only a glass installer can do it?keep it, yes i agree-when you hit 2nd and really command the road you know plus i think it's the sharpest car on the road, right behind my vette.

1,095

1500 for that car sounds about right, from what ive heard and seen. and there amazing cars, faster than hell too

19,995

lift them off on a nice day ,scrub with brush ,flush dirt from roof channels with hose,let dry, and run a bead of clear bath calk sealer around full circle 1/4 inch wide,snap in ,lock and do other side,clean up with ammonia.rag, sealed and can be pulled apart someday if want to

25,385

Judge Roy....I don't think you're ready for a Firebird T/A..so when you're about to sell the Mini Cooper, trade it in for THIS instead (see pic). It suits your personality better!!

25,385

Time for that warm glass of milk, the meds and a nap @ Judge aka Crazy Bob the bacon man

1,545

I would pay to have the weather stripping replaced. Try to find someone who knows 4th Generation F-Bodies because the t-tops on them are notorious for leaking. A 96 Trans Am with only 19k miles on it in the condition you described is going to start increasing in value as a collector's car here in a few years so paying to fix the leak and keep the t-tops functional would be a wise investment.