1996 Pontiac Bonneville keeps stalling

Asked by Jan 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM about the 1996 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Dr SE Sedan

It seems that when this car gets to a certain temp it stalls.  I have replaced the coil pack, fuel filter, thermosat, iac filter.  I am aty my wits end because my 1996 pontiac bonneville keeps stalling.  What can it be????? please email me at curlmac@yahoo.com

Does it mainly stall when coming to a stop or at idle? If so it's probably a dirty/faulty idle air control valve and or dirty throttle plate/body.

If danyouns suggestion isn't the culprit try replacing your ambient air sensor. You can get one on Ebay for $20. You may also want to change out your radiator temp sensor also. If either one of these go bad, your car either won't start, or stall out. The radiator sensor is under $20 also. Try Ebay or Partsgeek.com.......

Katherine Gribble

I have a 2000 Bonneville and mine to is stalling , mainly when making a Sharpe turn but very easy to restart

I have a '97 Bonneville that was stalling constantly, I replaced so many parts it was making me crazy, Fuel Pump, ICM, Cleaned the MAF, etc.... Pulled the Idle Air Control and it was stuck, it's supposed to screw in and out, used channel locks and got it spinning again, seems to have worked. Haven't stalled yet.

Just like to add I did order a new IAC, it was $20. Glad I did, After I replaced the old one I started screwing it in and out while talking to someone and bits of plastic started breaking out of it getting in between the spring.

in response to IACBonneville: i read your answer and it was the exact problem when coasting down the road or sitting at a stop sign with my 1999 pontiac bonneville with the 3800 series engine and when i took the IAC out and cleaned it HELPED the situation and i just ordered a new IAC and am highly confident that this will solve my problem, thank you for the advice you were a big help.