no start

Asked by Mar 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM about the 1997 Pontiac Sunfire 2 Dr GT Coupe

was driving at nite and my headlights went out, found massive corrosion under the battery box tray, i removed the battery and repaired all the wiring, i also removed air cleaner assembly and repaired few more wires here and there, dielectric greased every plug i seen and went i put everything back together my car wont start, fuel pump is good, got spark, rolls over good, first tme you try it, it almost starts and then quits and then everytime after it just turns over, can someone or anyone point me in the rite direction, i am not quite sure of the process to relearn the cars computer, i also have a after market stereo installed, i seen in anothe rpost where that mite have somethin to do with the theft lock or antitheft, i just dont know what to do next.... i just bougtht the car last week and im quite discouraged, been working on it for the week to safety and plate it and now this..... please help me

15

did you check and see if you have pressure at the fuel rail? if you do, check the injectors and make sure they didnt get clogged up. it could be the timing, if it went you wont have no compression to turn it over. their timing chains, and can be a bitch to replace. i have a 98 gt and got a after market stereo in it. the theft lock is only for the factory radio. if you have it on when you replace the unit, the new and old one wont work. it will not stop your car from starting. i would start off with a compression check its simple easy and doesnt take long. if your good there. then try another computer or get yours reflashed.