On a 97 Firebird what exactly happens mechanically or electrically to shut off the motors in the headlights when they go to the down position?

Asked by Jan 28, 2014 at 09:57 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Firebird Base

109,985

With noise yours is making the plastic gears are worn out. Check your earlier question for a link to how to replace and repair the gear with metal gears

4,575

There is a module in the circuit that runs the motor up to 6 seconds. When it senses a high current draw (the motor cannot move the door any further) it shuts the current. It's a terrible system... as you probably know. You can replace the motors, or change the gears to metal, but there's nothing you can do about the module. http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=39600.0;wap2