Can someone post a picture of the wires to disconnect from the Passlock?

Asked by Mar 10, 2015 at 02:39 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Sunfire 2 Dr GT Convertible

I tried the ten minute intervals of trying to reset the passlock.   I cannot start the car still.  I want to permanently disconnect the passlock.  I have a 99 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible.  I need a picture of what the wires look like so I do not disconnect the wrong ones.  Do I have to start the car to be able to disconnect the wires to disable to passlock permanently? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can post a picture if you still need it. I'm currently doing it right now on my daughter's 1998.

Yes Please post a picture! Someone told me not to cut all the way through the wires so if you could explain it please do.

From what I've seen on the web, this is what you do. Remove the covers from around the steering column. It should be a few screws underneath it. There will be 3 small wires coming from the ignition. Black, white and yellow. There are also some larger diameter wires running along the top of the steering column. Leave those alone. On the top of the column cut the yellow wire that runs from the ignition. The small one. I was told the large one is for the airbag and it will go off if you cut it so make sure it's the small one. Then you strip the black wire so some copper is showing but don't cut it. Then you take a multimeter and connect the black end to the black wire and the red end to the yellow wire that leads back to the ignition. With your meter set to read ohms, turn the car on without trying to start it. wait a few seconds so the numbers on the meter stop moving and that is the size resistor you need. You probably can't get one that exact size but you should be able to get one within 10% of it which is close enough. Mine read 530 and I was able to get a 560 watt one. To make sure it works, you can clip it on like I've done. One side of the resistor goes to the black wire and the other side goes to the yellow wire that does NOT go to the ignition. The one that goes to the ignition just tape it up and out of the way. You should be able to start your car now. If it doesn't start, just do the 10 minute thing again.

another photo