I have a 99 Pontiac Montana 3.4 with a slow but steady coolant leak coming from a quick connect heater hose toward the back side of the engine (go figure). I took it to a mechanic I trust? He told me

Asked by Dec 17, 2014 at 08:54 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Montana 4 Dr STD Passenger Van

It's a thousand dollar fix. Is this really true?
I'm having a hard time believing this. Thank
you

92,955

Humm, he must need some Christmas cash, if it is the fitting I'm thinking of, it will have to be replaced and a new quick connect hose coupler installed, shouldn't take no more than 3 hours labor plus parts. What I am wondering about is if he is including replacing all of the hoses, thermostat, belts at the same time, might ask him if that is the case.

Best Answer
15

Some Mechanic are too much!

Let's assume he is going to do all that i.e. change out all the hoses, thermostat, belt, etc. Isn't a thousand dollars a little high?

I have 2001minevan I changed the back Colling horses and it's still linking what would be wrong

92,955

Did you double check the connectors, if you still have the plastic ones the crack and will leak.