I have installed a new window regulator and motor on a 1999 Pontiac firebird window roll up but not completely. How do I adjust the window

Asked by Sep 05, 2015 at 10:15 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Firebird Base

108,185

I dont think there is an ajustment to speak of. I have a feeling the regulator was not in the right up and down position when it was installed..

1,415

can you help it up by pushing on the window to slide it in if no i think you have the motor clocked wrong did you get the regulator and motor together or did you have to assemble them

1,285

HI yeah other than what was stated from the other guys above if the motor is installed incorrectly & the regulator is installed incorrectly you know then you could have issues but if they are both correctly installed then the other thing it could be is there is one adjustment on what I want to say is the taller shaft part of the regulator assembly and there's like at the end of it towards the bottom of the door there's like a little metal bracketed thing with a hard ceramic adjuster peace in it with a bolt that goes through it if thats incorrectly adjusted then the window won't go all the way up that has to be adjusted to where I think it's all the way in the bottom I can't remember but mine was off a little bit when I did my window motor and regulator and I had to fool around with it and the window actually got all the way up perfect but before it was like you know not going inside the insulation very well anyway hope that helps play around with that adjustment if the motor and regulator installed correctly then I'd play around with that one little bracket that I'm talking about you'll see it its in there play around with it move it up and down and move the window up and down after you adjusted it and see if you'll get it.

Thank you for the great advice

1,285

Your welcome, I hope it helped! If you think I had the best answer Mark it helpful won't you.