99 Pontiac firebired TRANSMISSION issues

155

Asked by Nov 15, 2013 at 09:57 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Firebird Base

I have a 1999 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L V6 car ... this issue is most of the time. every once in a while all is well and working fine but what it does is I put car in drive to start driving it starts off in 3rd gear ...  i can manually shift down to 2nd gear and then shift to 3rd from there  but 1st is not available at all.  when car is doing this it also has NO kickdown or passing gear. Like i said occasionally I will get in car and forget to shift down to 2nd gear and it is absolutely fine running like there is nothing wrong. I kill it ... park for a few hors and its back to loked in 3rd. any ideas... i hae replaces the 2 shift solonoids with known good parts from another transmission pulled from a 97 camaro. but that did not fix it.

20,595

how about the speed sensor ?, your describing trans. limp mode

155

Would that cause intermittent? Guess it could if senso is going out or wiring loose... Thanks I'll look into that.