I have a 1999 Pontiac firebird that when I turn headlights on only one is bright and the other three comes on dim when I have them on low beam. When I put them on brights only one side lights up and other side completely go off.

10

Asked by Apr 12, 2012 at 04:50 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Firebird Base

2,815

replace your headlamp bulbs

10

I replaced both low and hi beam bulbs and it still does the same thing. Another suggestions?

2,815

check your ground wires

10

Could you tell me where these grounds exist and locations. Do you have any pics? Thank you much for your time.

2,815

follow the wiring harness around the headlight assemblies, sometimes easier said than done, a meter when troubleshooting can help as well, should see a black wire being fastened to body (or supposed to fastened to body)

5

Can’t believe I actually found someone with the EXACT same problem I’ve got… and on a recent post! Have you figured anything out with this? If nothing else I may as well start troubleshooting in a different area than what you’ve already looked at…

5

A little time with a multimeter ruled out bulbs and grounds for mine. Obviously it's time to start tracing wires; was just really hoping to find some brilliant insight that might eliminate the need to... Anyone??

2,815

then there is a short somewhere, good luck, check the switch and wires to dimmer in steering column

I have the same problem going on. I have check the connectors and cleaned the ground wire connectors to the frame. Nothing worked. Any more ideas?

Has anyone found the problem to this yet. Mine do the same thing if I unplug the harness and plug them back up they will work OK for a little bit

my 99 just started doing this. anyone get this issue resolved?