Horn Relay location on 2000 Pontiac Sunfire

25

Asked by May 04, 2015 at 01:25 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE

Horn won't blow.  Small 15 fuse is good.  I can hear a click near the fuse panel on the
driver side but everywhere I read online says behind the glovebox you should hear a click
(the relay).  I can't see anything under or behind resembling a relay.  It's not under the
hood either.  I need my horn working, it's dangerous!  Thanks in advance.

41,845

Before I went to all the trouble of locating a relay, I would first locate the horn and clean the contacts. Also make sure the ground is good and clean. Just for fun, I would also run a hot wire from the battery to the horn just to make sure it works.

25

Ok thanks, I heard about the hot wire trick before. I'll do that and work my way backwards. If I need the relay location I'll ask the question again.

41,845

This is the only info I could find on the location. It's located right beside blower motor has about five wires going to it. You will need 5.5mm socket to remove, it's usually melted.

25

That's the blower motor relay, but thanks for trying, I read that before. Believe me I've scoured the internet. Hence why I'm looking for someone who knows Pontiacs in particular the 2000 millennium editions.

41,845

Yeah, I looked every where also. I can't imagine why they would put a relay in for a horn. It's not like it's some high tech piece of electronics. A simple fuse is all it needs. I even checked the online owners manual. Nothing was mentioned.