sunfire sunroof

Asked by May 08, 2009 at 12:06 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe

i own a 2000 sunfire, i have been experiencing some problems with my sunroof.  it vents fine but the only time i can fully open it is when the weather is fairly warm.  when its cold out the sunroof will only open a few inches.  i was wondering what the problem is and what i need to replace

I've got the same car and the same problem lol. I'm assuming it's the actual sunroof motor so I haven't bothered doing anything with it

have you taken it anywhere to get looked at?

I'm having the same problem except mine will open and shut all most all the way but not down. I went to an expert on sunroofs and they tried to tell me that it would require total removal, I knew that was bogas, but I was wondering if you knew a way to manually close it. Thanks

i pulled the liner away, right where the little bump and the button is....the motor is right there. if you push on the wires a bit while someone hits the button itll close. its probably bad connection. thats what mines was

I push the sunroof button nothing happens ,earlier I heard the motor not now. the mechanic said it was off track and I had to go to a glass company to take apart from the inside