What fuses are these?

1,335

Asked by Jun 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM about the 1996 Ford Thunderbird LX

I have a 1996 Ford Thunderbird LX with the 4.6L smallblock. Now I was wondering what
fuse is this, its burnt out and if y'all got a fuse diagram, that would be awesome. This is
the power distribution box under the hood.

105,395

Those are called main fuses, they are available from a parts store, the fuse diagram should be on the inside of the lid for that box.

26,245

The only info in the fuse box lid is the amperage. A parts store will have a manual that will tell you what you want to know. Might try the owner's manual (the most published - least read book in America)

1,335

I would try an owners manual, but this car didn't come with one. I bought the car at an auction and out've all things, the owners manual isn't there.

5,725

As cheap as fuses are, Why not just go to the Ford dealer and get the exact part you need without any questions. While your there, ask the parts man any other questions you might have. Dealers arn't all bad and if you are buying something, even something cheap, they will help you.

5,725

Also, there are often blank fuses in a car. These are fuses used for an accessory that is not installed and when the item is added, the correct fuse is added also.

10

I need help w this same situation, yesterday I was able to drive my car just fine no problems. My insecure partner unhooked or un plugged something and now all my car will do is turn over but not start.I also heard theres something in the trunk that can be disconnected to disable the car,does ANYBODY know what might be the problem? If its a fuse under the hood then I would need a complete visual in order to see what its supose to look like. Please help Thanks in advance.