I have a 2001 pontaic sunfire. I have a hole in my radiator. I was driving it and it stalled and will not start back up. It sounds like there is no compression. What could it be?

Asked by Dec 26, 2014 at 10:21 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe

If it over heated you probably blew your head gasket. What does your oil look like? Milkshake? Do a compression check to see if head gasket is blown. Might also do a pressure check on your cooling system to test for cracked head or block.

If you drove it with no coolant and the engine overheated and stalled, you could be looking at any number of issues. Before wasting too much time of money check to see if the motor is seized - pull the plugs and put a socket on the crank and try to turn it. If it's seized then you're SOL.