I was wondering if it is possible to have a cable run from the trunk to the driver's seat? So I dont have to keep using my key to open my trunk.

75

Asked by May 26, 2014 at 05:43 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe

70,815

I'm sure that a power trunk release was optional for your car. It's probably wired for it already. You'll have to remove the glove box and check. If so, you'll find a 2 way plug hanging there that's not hooked up. That's for the push button. Then on the inside of the trunk lid look for a similar plug near the lock. That's for the solenoid that pops the trunk lid when you push the button in the glove box. HTH. -Jim

75

how do you remove the glove box? I thought it would be able to slip out after taking out a few screws but it seems like its a giant piece. Also, I didn't see any plug in the trunk. I looked around, but do i have to remove anything? But it seems like it should be able to have a trunk release.

114,955

Have you checked real good at the base of the drivers door for a handle.

75

yup, pretty much took of the drivers seat. and the entire drivers side.

114,955

http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/pontiac/2001-Pontiac- Sunfire.pdf -- check out page 2-14 of this manual.

75

This is my trunk latch.

75

This is what i see when i pop the trunk and take off the screws from the latch. Should the cable be somewhere near?

75

The cables that you see dangling there all go to the lights.

75

dandyoun~~ i dont have either of those set ups.

114,955

Follow the cable that is hooked to the latch in your hand.

75

That cable only goes to the key hole on the trunk outside. I want to be able to open the trunk without using my key.

114,955

If that for the in trunk panic release then I suggest to locate a donor vehicle and remove the items you need to install the latch by the left side of the drivers seat.

114,955

Oh ok. See the orange piece on part you have in your hand. A cable can hooked in there to be pulled and unlock the trunk.

75

That's what I was thinking. I keep looking for one, but none show up? Would I just have to find something that fits and works? Or is there a specific part?

114,955

That it probably there for the in trunk panic release but you can use it to do what you trying to do. Have you checked for another cable on the back of where the key goes in trunk?

75

There are no others cables around there. Okay then. I might look for a cable that fits the orange area. Thanks alot