So i bought my 2001 pontiac sunfire from a used dealer. I was wondering is there any simple things i can do to it to make it run better? It runs fine, but I would like to see what I can do.

75

Asked by Jun 30, 2013 at 03:56 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe

can it get better? Im broke and cant spend much money.

26,585

Try some relatively inexpensive things like: Changing the air filter -- easy DIY item (if it's dirty that is), oil and/or transmission fluid changes (again, if they need it: i.e. trans fluid is very dark red color or if the dealer has changed the oil prior to selling it). Maybe look at spark plugs next...see what condition they're in?

75

That sounds like some easy stuff. how do i know if the transmission oil needs changing? I thought manuals don't really need transmission oil changes?

26,585

Opps...Assumed you had an automatic transmission (with a Pontiac, it was what most people leaned toward at the time). Disregard what I said then about trans fluid then. You DID mention in a later post that you have problems going into 1st gear, so again, get a free estimate on that and see what the problem may be. ANOTHER thing you can do overall is to check the battery...is it more than 4-5 years old? I'd suggest replacing it...

75

the battery is new, just got it about a week or two ago. And okay then. sounds good, thanks alot

100,685

Register at this forum. It's full of other Sunfire owners. --- http://www.pontiacforum.com/pontiac/forumdisplay.php?f=11

75

Cool looks great