2001 Montana - What should be the length of the passenger's windshield wiper?

Asked by May 03, 2013 at 08:34 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Montana Base Extended

I've had this problem for a while where my wipers catch on each other and then get twisted. I've tried adjusting their off position with no luck. I just changed the whole assembly thinking the motor or linkage was worn out. Problem still happens. I noticed that after I ran the wipers and then turned them off, the passenger side was not resting against it's bumper. It was stuck on the molding around the bottom of the windshield. The edges of the wiper appear to be ~1/2" too long on each end and catch. I measured the wiper length and its 24". The same wiper on my 2003 montana is 23" long. I checked the web and the wiper is spec'd at 24".

Has anyone else run into this problem and found the work-around?

24" is the correct length for both years. If the wiper is resting on the moulding, you will need to remove the wiper arm and reposition it so that it "parks" correctly on the bottom of the windshield. Most vehicles you can remove the arm and do this, I'm not sure on how the Montana is set up I see you tried adjusting, and not sure what your issue is. Maybe someone else can comment.

Try the 23" wiper from the Montana and see if that work better. An inch shorter isn't going to make that much difference in the wiping area. -- Tom is right about removing the arm and repositioning. The problem is that they are almost impossible to remove after a few years of corrosion.