Over heating problem

Asked by Jun 01, 2014 at 01:26 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Montana Base

I have a 2001 montana we have changed the hoses the waterpump and the thermostat
bleed air out of the system as directed and it is still over heating ther are no leaks and the
radiator looks fine no holes or corossion we are put of ideas all suggestions welcome we
don't know what else to do

Have you checked your oil? Does it look like a milkshake? Also how old is your radiator cap? Might want to do an exhaust gas test on the coolant. If exhaust gas is found in coolant then blown head gasket.

Head Gasket problems are definitely a known issue with this vehicle and motor.

idk your mileage, but my Montana required new head gaskets at 80K, now at 170K having heating/overheating issues. had thermostat replaced, heater core flushed, and am not told heating assembly is cracked (?) I could smell antifreeze thru the cold air coming out the vents befor taking it in. I just read on a different site, Edmund.com, that there is an aftermarket auxillary coolant that often gets overlooked. This make and model seems to have a lot of heating/cooling problems. Any comments would be helpful

Ive had my van over heat went to betten chevy and it was intake gasket the radiator was going low then after that my overflow went way up

My van starts to over heat but the is goes to Normale after like a min changed thermostat so I have now ckue