2001 Pontiac Firebird makes gridning nose by headlights when locking with remote.. Cause? Repair?

Asked by Jun 04, 2016 at 10:26 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Firebird Convertible

I have a 2001 Pontiac Firebird.. when I use the remote to lock the car there is
a grinding noise in the area of the headlights.. they sometimes pop up or flash
on. I'm thinking there is something electrical .. bad ground, positive
connection? How can I repair this?

1,135

I believe first of all I think that's just a selection of the alarm you can set it to turn the headlights on and off when you activate the alarm and disarm it. It probably is one of the headlight motors one maybe is worn out or the gears that operate one of them is busted, turn on the headlights check the wiring connections to see if they're connected that the motors are connected. Take a flashlight with you and look at the operations have a friend turn the headlights on and off for you and look inside how the headlights are opening up. In this way you can see and hear where the gears are grinding which sides bad etc.good luck.