my 2001 Pontiac Aztec will crank but will not start

25

Asked by Jennifer Jan 17, 2014 at 02:49 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Aztek STD

My car wasn't starting well. it would start but I had to give it time. I took it to Auto Zone and the did the free read. it said the starter was bad. I changed it that night. the next day it started until late afternoon I go to get in it and it cranks but doesn't start. help please! 155.00 out already.

15,625

It could be the fuel pump. Have a friend tap on the fuel tank under the vehicle, while you crank the engine. If it starts, your going to need a new pump. If it doesn't, you need to check for spark/ignition, and fuel pressure.

15,625

When I say "tap on the tank", I mean with something like a wooden broom stick. Just some good solid raps. Don't beat the heck out of the tank.

25

kool! thanks but if its not?

15,625

Can be many other things. But the suggestion above is a quick check.

25

We tried it. Doesn't start

15,625

Might sound dumb,... but how much fuel do you have in the tank? I've had my fuel level sender go bad 2X in 160,000 miles on my 1999 GM (fuel gauge not accurate). Is the security light on or flashing, on the dash? The security system may also be a problem. Turn the key to the "on" (Not Start) position, and leave it there for 10 minutes. Next, turn it back to off, and then try to start the car. If it starts, you need to have the security system repaired. If you have plenty of fuel, and it's not the security system, you're going to have to check for "Spark" and "Fuel Pressure". One or both are missing.

15,625

Correction to the above instructions. Leave the ignition on at lease 10 minutes or more.

I have a 2001 pontaic aztek an no fire going to the coil plate. Please help me solve this problem

60

it could be wiring plug corroded that goes from seat area and then down through a hole to the fuel tank. clean the terminals and see if it will start.

I have a 2001 Pontiac Aztek it was working fine last night and today went out to start is and it would start and the security light is the only light showing on the dash we have light and the radio works but it won't start

10

Check your starter connections. An you do have a fuseable lik coming out the fuse box. Yellow wire.

10

Also check to see if you have spark an fuel to engine area if no spark coomon issues with me being aztec owner cranck sensor an cam sensor Should fire up. Just done mine

Change the engine switch . Engine will not crank. All light are on.