Pontiac Sunfire (2002) wont start ODBII says running too lean?? Mass air flow sensor needs replacing or cleaning? HELP!!

30

Asked by Nov 14, 2011 at 01:06 AM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE

It just cut off while going to work one day and I was able to get it started again but it was running with no (0 power) sound like it had a cold and just cut back of.. I was able to start it by bumping the gas tank really hard?  HELP!!

34,015

if you bumped the gas tank and it started and ran fine test the fuel pressure and volume sounds like a pump that will b going out soon

30

Thanks John, I did bump the tank and it did start, however it didn't run smoothly in fact it cut off soon after running kind of "sickly". So I'm guessing the fuel pump is out already, please advise.