2002 Pontiac Sunfire

10

Asked by Sep 19, 2015 at 03:26 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe

I have one more question with my car. My check engine light came on and stays on. Just started today. Car runs fine. I noticed yesterday my shift (4 speed manual tranny) indicator light was not working, then later in the day it started working again. I just went to store and of course check engine light is on but my AC was dead when I turned the nob to turn it on. Then in a couple seconds I turned the AC nob and it came on. When I went to start it from the store there was a just brief second it was like the battery was lagging like it was dead. Just for a split second that happen. Any ideas? Maybe need new battery?

67,485

Visit your local auto parts store and ask them to scan the computer. Most stores will do it for free. Post the trouble codes here and we can help further. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
10

Thank you. I see Peep Boys does that. I am going to see if my neighbor in the Am can do the battery check procedure you spoke of to see if the check engine goes off. Got the correct antifreeze today to bring to full line. Drove it a lot today. Ran perfect. You have given me such helpful advice and will post the final out come. Thanks again.

67,485

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click. -Jim