I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana. I have never had an issue with it until the engine died for no apparent reason. Ill be honest though...she was over due for an oil change..long over due. Anyway, Im a single custodial Gram to 5 wee ones so try to do most repairs myself. Ive replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter but it's still dieing after running for a few minutes. I have to wait 20 minutes and she'll start up again but she dies again after a few minutes. Ignition module? Clogged cat? Give me your best guess please cus this is getting expencive even doing the repairs myself. (google and you tube are wonderful lol) Thanks so much..Barb InHamilton.

Asked by Apr 07, 2015 at 04:59 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision Extended

How about a basic tune up and clean the throttle body out.

My advice, have a professional repair the car. Then start taking proper care of the car yourself. Follow a schedule.

Thx...that's been done. The only thing anybody I know can think of that we haven't already done is the 2nd module but the mechanic from the auto shop at the corner says I can borrow his tester yayyyyy. (Of course this 2nd sensor is a &itch to get at in behind the motor)

Wouldn't it be great if we were all as perfect as Mr. Astre