Alarm problems

Asked by Jul 14, 2016 at 08:18 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

When I lock the car and push remote to unlock
lights pop up and down and seems like they
running. First time this happened was today..help
please.

1,205

Could be you have an alarm setting that's off or the head light motor is bad when the motor headlight door wont move.

Think it is motor in headlight

Bought brass

1,205

You mean you bought a repair kit for your headlight Motors so the gears are now brass instead of plastic yeah that's probably a good idea especially if the motors are still good to replace the gears with the brass ones.

Yes the gear was plastic/nylon and I replaced with brass gear. 22.00 will outlast the car probably

1,205

That's good news I guess hopefully that's a cheaper fix than buying the motors they are kinda expensive!

Yes sir. One side already has the brass one in it .this one is for drivers side

Do u own a trans am Mr Paul? I have another question posted about my car

When I turn the key to start if I don't give enough time it won't start. Then second time it cranks

1,205

So do they both evenly come up together now or does one come up a little slower than the other one cuz that's like mine 1 comes up a little slower than the other one but they're both pretty even.

1,205

No I just have a base model V6 car, when you turn the key on & don't give her enough time what does that mean you don't crank it long enough or you have to turn the key ignition on for a while like 5 or 10 seconds and then it will start? My car has 103000 miles on it and I had to replace the mass airflow sensor and it was playing games like hard to start draining the battery down and on the battery gauge in the car it would register like 10 or lower but in reality the actual battery was fine I don't know it could be your MAF sensor mass air flow sensor? But check your battery connections weak connection sometimes can wreak havoc on trying to start a car.

Long enough for the antenna to roll up. But starts right up. Thinks fuel pump being sluggish.

Both come up lower just like brand new. If they stop now it will be motor gone bad.

1,205

Yeah you can do a fuel rail pressure test to see if you have enough pressure to the injectors that's the way you can check to see if you have enough pressure from your fuel regulator and if you're getting pressure from the fuel pump I don't know what your actual PSI pressure should be at your fuel rail but you might want to consult the internet for that one.

1,205

Good news on the lights I think I need to replace mine to the Brass to!