right side headlight motor and wire problems

5

Asked by Jun 16, 2015 at 03:03 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Firebird Base

My fire bird is in the shop they are trying to find a wire harness 5 pin to fix the  the connector is corroded and cant find where to but the wiring It seems no one in the usa has this connector to the motor on the passenger side   That seems impossible! what can I do? can it be hard wired? the motor is good had the same problem with the right side installed a new motor and works fine  they tell me they need the 5 pin going to the connector ??? HELP!! Carmine

1,315

first of all never trust shops usually shops are out to play games with you and make more money on you than they have to if I was you I would go to a junkyard ask when the junkyard people to cut off a wiring harness for between a 1998 and 2002 Firebird and get your wiring harness that way if you really need a new one as long as its in good shape from the junkyard your in business that's what I would do if it is even really is as corroded as they say? They could take them apart and clean them really well and connect them for you and repack with grease good luck with that sounds like your kind of getting ripped off to me.

5

Thank YOU!! The wire harness connector they are talking about is, located in between going to the Headlight motor. I'm still waiting for this to show up! or, I will have both sides hard wired once and for all! Ekler who they ordered it from SAID!! You'll get it when you get IT!! can you believe this?? It's been 8 days and still no part. So the tech said, if we don't get it by Friday the 19th of June we will hard wire both sides and stop the problem . IT is a ongoing problem with the fire birds !! What do you think thanks Csale 2002 v6 Fire bird

1,315

I never heard of this being an ongoing problem the wiring harness that is but I have heard that the motor is burned out or that the gear motor the gear linkage wears out I have heard of that problem so I don't know what they're talking about I hope they're not just making up stories to make money on you so be careful get a second opinion if you can but I'm glad I could help sorry you're going through this doesn't sound right to me it sounds like its a motor or the gear linkage drive wheel that wears out well good luck hope everything works out for you.

5

Thank You for the response. They replaced the right side motor that comes with the wiring. The main problem was the 5 pin connector going to the the plug in motor harness IT WAS corroded it was replaced and everything is working fine FOR NOW. So Headlight motor $116.00 ,headlight control conn. $37.78 Shop supplies $36.00 and install silverstar Bulbs for fog lights $40.23 labor$128.70 for a total OF!! $426.87 with tax OH well By the way I replaced the left side headlight motor 2weeks ago $300 with labor Remember It's 2002 fire Bird From 1997 to 2002 the headlight problem will always Be A Problem!! Thanks! again for the Reply Csale

1,315

NP

5

Try reversing the connection in the harness . Did you do this yourself? the same thing happened in the repair shop when the tech reversed the wiring connector they both raised together now all working Fine. casle