Why does my headlights come on at night when the temperature drops? It is draining my battery.

65

Asked by Jan 25, 2008 at 05:57 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Vibe Base AWD

My headlights come on in the middle of the night when the temperature drops. It has an alarm on it. That may be the problem. I don't know. It is draining my battery and I have to jump it off every morning. I can unhook the battery and reattach in the morning and it is fine. What could be causing this?

sounds like you have a dead short have you replaced raido

43,545

Agreed, somewhere something is shorting out. I would have a dealership take a look at this. It's possible either your alarm is acting up, or your BCM is causing problems -- the body control module controls lights as well as other body electric functions and I have seen them do WEIRD things when they are starting to go out.