ac not colling enough

Asked by Oct 01, 2014 at 02:11 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Montana Base

2003 Pontiac Montana. put new compressor and some e valve. cools but barley. I can put on high the fan works just not cold. does not work in the day time only sometimes at night. depends how cool it is at night. mechanic said the fans on radiator weren't working but they do turn on and blow. any ideas?

19,050

Is the blend door closing all the way?

what is the blend door?

19,050

It's under the dash near the blower motor behind the glove box. It opens and closes as needed to let in warm air from the heater core, fresh air from outside or close completely for A/C. If the blend door motor fails, the door brakes or something gets in the way (like wires if it was worked on) it won't close all the way.

thanks im going to check this out