I have a 2003 Pontiac bonneville 3.8, yesterday I had no windshield washer fluid spray, so I filled the tank. When I was filling the tank I noticed that a mouse had built a nest on top of the motor, so I cleaned it out and noticed a wire that is bare.......the wire is a thin green wire that is on the left side looking in from the front of the car. My question is..... If after cleaning this out, could I have created a dead short b/c now my car will not hold a charge? Mind you this mouse nest had to be there a while bc I had used the car all week, this issue only came up after this event..... Which makes me question this event or possibly bad alternator.

Asked by Jan 09, 2015 at 09:52 AM about the 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE

7,905

that might be a ground wire rap it in electrical and see if that makes it hold a charge. about the windshield washer fluid in this cold weather it is not unusual for the snow to melt and freeze in your jet ports

Thx, I'm not so worried about the washer fluid bc afterwards I noticed i have a cracked line in the fluid line, but it's cold out and if I can refrain from pulling alternator I'd love that..... Just wanted to know if it was a possibility that some how the mouse nest insulated this bare wire and I f'd up by removing it

7,905

just rap it in electrical tape and see if the battery is draining itself or if its grounding out ( by the way if a battery is totally dead it can freeze and crack ) so be careful

And one more question...... Is it possible that this could have popped the inline fusible link from the back of the starter solenoid? I've heard of this popping but it's either what you said, the fusible link or alternator ?

7,905

the pop is the starter solenoid poping forward to turn the flywheel and it has to go backward whenever the car starts

625

IN this weather, batteries often fail without much warning. Have you had the battery checked?