I just purchased a used 2004 Montana. I'd like to be able to use the XM radio feature on it.

45

Asked by Oct 28, 2007 at 10:16 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Montana Base Extended

I am a current XM subscriber.  

I can't find the radio ID number to proceed with the XM subscription for the car.  
Any idea how to find it?  I've done exactly as the manual said to do -- nothing.

Before XM can activate my subscription, I must be able to provide the radio ID number.
Do you know where I can find it? It was suggested that I take it to a Pontiac dealersihp,
but if I can save money by finding it myself, I'd like to!

Thanks!

44,575

I would simply ask the dealership how to go about finding the ID number over the phone. They should be more than happy to help. Or you could call XM and see if they have any insight on finding this code. Usually it is provided by the dealership upon sale of the vehicle.

45

Well, I did ask the dealership where I bought the car (a Mazda dealership) and they were not familiar with it, as they provide Sirius on their vehicles. They suggested that I contact a Pontiac dealership here in town, and I plan to, but wondered if there was a way to do it myself. I'll be calling the dealership tomorrow morning! Thanks!

45

Oh -- forgot to mention that I was on the phone with XM for an hour... they said that they have to have the radio ID.... but didn't know how to help me find it!

did you ever find the radio id? i have just purchased a 2004 montana and would like to do the same.