Suggestions for good LONG life tires.

95

Asked by Oct 06, 2011 at 07:43 PM about the 2005 Pontiac GTO Coupe

Hey does anybody know of some long life tires that still drive ok in dry and rainy weather. I dont spin the tires and the BFgoodrich super sport tires were $750 (4) and after 30000 and almost gone. Good traction but i can afford them this often. Have any of you found a good longer life tier?
Thanks

7,375

are you on ls1gto.com? join up and do a search. tons of info out there to help you out. michelin makes some pretty good tires. Continental Extremecontact DW is also one you should look into.

95

Thanks for the help I forgot about that site, ill be sure to check it out.

3,205

goodyears are better than michellin & this is coming from a highway patrol officer in NYC. i have seen mitchellins wear pretty quick, & most people in my car club use goodyear on their high performance vehicles. yes they're a lil pricey but worth every penny especailly when it comes to safety!

7,375

Since when does being a cop make you any sort of expert on tires??? Lmfao.

3,205

well lets see high speed chases for one, how bout that, all kinds of other emergency calls,weather in nyc for another .& i never said i was a cop! the only other people that would know better would be race car drivers but then again they dont race in the rain or snow. anything else you'd like to know?

7,375

Oh so your friend who's a cop said that Goodyear is the best? There really isnt a "best" tire. And hearing what tire is best by word of mouth means nothing. I know actual racer who uses Michelin and BFG tires over Goodyear. So before saying this brand of tire is better than another just stop. Maybe start off with "IMO" this is better.

OK but do they race in rain & snow ?

7,375

no but anybody can tell you who has driving experience in rain and snow whats good and what isnt. and who is going to be driving a gto in the snow without a snow tire? then you buy blizzaks. the question was rain not snow so that doesnt matter. futhermore you cant just say goodyear makes a better tire than michelin. you going to tell me that a $100 goodyear is better than a $300 michelin??? no so the initial statement was stupid.

3,205

where do you get goodyears for $100? i guess you never watch a nascar race ! how many michelin tires do you see there? NONE! i'll tell you what ,you stick to your michelins & i'll stick to my goodyears.

7,375

They are a sponsor...that's like asking how many Goodyear tires do you see on drag cars??? See how stupid that argument is?

4,955

Michelin Pilot Sports AS, if availabe in your size, are a good investment. I have had Goodyear Eagle Gatorbacks and I am now on my 2nd set of Pilots on my 91 Trans Am. The Michelins lasted longer and have a nice aggressive wet/dry tread, quiet ride, and are highly rated. I run 245/50-ZR16's. They were $178 each last spring.

475

Have you looked into Hankook tires. VERY good tires. I bought the ones that are supposed to last for 100k miles. So far there is about 20,000 on them and I don't really notice any wear at all. They are also good in the wet, dry and snow. And quiet!

95

Thanks for the imput everybody! I think i can nurse these till the fall.