my 2005 Pontiac Bonnyville button on the shifter won't press "In" so we can drive it

Asked by Sep 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Bonneville SE

Does anyone know what can cause the shifter button (automatic car) to not press in ===it
has been doing this recently and sometimes it will press in...but now it just is not.  We
tried a dash of w-d 40....but it just not pressing In.  Do we have to replace the shifter and
how much does this cost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XBPL9v02WQ

Get a load of that canuck...I love that guy...always appreciate a guy who won't take crap from their automobile~

There isn't a "press to release" on yours?...tsk tsk...~

the brake light switch should be changed~

that way we will discover a pulled out wire, just like that canuck did~

5,470

What the hell you talking about roy

Ronnie, m'boy...you didn't watch that Canadian tough it through...like one who's got no resources to ultimately discover the "press to release" button and the solenoid that drove it and the defective brake switch and the pulled out of the harness wire causing the initial problem...school of HARD knocks...guess you missed that meeting.~

Watch again and behold the toughness of the Midwesterner...I know, because I'm watchin' my brother there~

5,470

Still have no idea what you are saying roy. I have had a few tonight and some diesal fuel. But what does any of this have to do with th question they asked about?

5,470

You are right roy that is the criuse control botton. LOL

naw man, it was the solenoid, activated by pressing the brake switch which would enable the shifter to shift, but was busted, that's why the "press to release" button existed, in case the solenoid was defective...were you not payin' attention there...pinapple/banana is on tap here~

Ronnie, m'boy, you've got real imagination...at no point at all there was discussion of the cruise control...that's a completely different system, the same in that the switch chimes in to shut it the hell off so you do not careen off into a tree or bicyclist...or German tourist trying to take a picture~!

5,470

You are right roy did not remember that part botton has nothing to do with it unless you pysh the brake pedal. DAH