I got my oil changed in my 2006 Pontiac G6 and now my car is making a roaring sound

Asked by Apr 17, 2015 at 10:35 AM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 Base V6

It only makes the sound when I accelerate above 30 mph. The oil life is at 89% after only one week since the oil change. I noticed the roaring sound that night after the change. It sounds like it's revving the whole time I'm driving it above the 30 mph mark. Can these two things be related? If not, what could cause the roaring? I'm sick over it because the car has always sounded good and ran well, with not noise.  I just want to be sure I'm not causing any damage by continuing to drive it. I have considered taking it back to the oil change shop...

Weird,,, take it back is not suppose to sound anything Or probably u have internal worn off alredy ,and ur new oil is not helping.. Try somd lucas oil treament ..good luck

If they checked the air filter then maybe they didn't get the filter assembly back together properly, so you are hearing the intake roar while driving it down the road. This can also throw off the IAT so it thinks the temp is colder than it really is so the idle may not be stable. Take it back and have them double check their work.

Best Answer

Tennisshoes, thank you. I'm going to go back tonight and have them take a look at it. I hope it's something this simple and not a costly engine issue.

Tennisshoes is right on the mark. They pull the air cleaner to convince you that a new one is needed and probably just did not get the cover on correctly. Should be a no cost, no parts fix by the shop that did it.