my power windows does not work all of the time in fact most the time it doesn't work sometimes it works but very few is that master switch or the regulator the passenger side but none of the oWorks

Asked by Mar 01, 2014 at 12:47 AM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 Base V6

what was i I was trying to saymy passenger
side windows work my back windows do
not as well as my driver side regulator or
master switch

I had the same problem, I think its just a flaw in the G6. Try this out it worked for me. start your car close your door and try to open your driver said window. If that does not work keep your car on, open the driver side door and try to open it again. I know it sounds stupid but it worked for me.

@jay6381, what you are describing is a broken wire within the harness coming from the A-Pillar post through to your door. That rubber boot contains a wiring harness for pwr windows,door locks, etc. It is fairly common that the wires will break from opening and closing the door and getting pinched inside the boot.

having the same problem. what should I do to fix?

you can usually confirm that the harness is the issue by opening the door, turning on the ignition switch, then pressing/holding the drivers window switch down while gently moving the rubber boot between the a-pillar & door (boot is right near door hinge). Usually this will create a temp connection and the window may begin to work. You could also have a bad (blown) fuse, bad ground, bad switch or window motor.

Had this problem for over a year, at first we could just open the front 2 doors all the way open and the windows would work then. That no longer works for our car but rubbing the black boot wire cover is working for us to get all 4 windows to work. the boot cover is front drivers door black rubber piece as described above

hello currently having this problem with the pinched wire. How do i permanently fix it? which wire is it or how do i go about fixing?