Engine issue

Asked by Oct 22, 2016 at 05:21 PM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 Base

I have a 06 Pontiac g6 2.4 liter that has had
some issues. I have put a new timing chain
in, new cam shaft sensors, crankshaft
sensor, bcm, new throttle body with new
throttle position sensors, new mass air flow
sensor, new map sensor, plus check out all
the wiring. Still my car will turn over but will
not stay running. I have check my fuses
and regulators but still nothing. Dealership
says timing is off but already recheck And
it's still in time showing 3 codes after reset
p0068 p0101 and p0016 and still haven't
fixed it. I need answer but not getting any
from gm.

155

A discription of the codes would help... but you may have a base engine concern Try using starting fluid to get it started. And see what happens. And check the compression readings they should be similar... and what do you mean turn over but not stay running... does it only crank or does it start and stalls?

P0101 iThe MAF (mass air flow) sensor measures the air entering the engine. The powertrain control module (PCM) uses that reading along with others to ensure proper fuel delivery at any given time and p0068 is Throttle Position Sensor Inconsistent with the Mass Air Flow Sensor. And p0016 is The crankshaft position sensor (CKP) and Camshaft position sensor (CMP) work in harmony to control the spark/fuel delivery and timing. They both consist of a reluctor, or tone, ring which passes over a magnetic sensor, which generates a voltage, indicating position. Which have replaced all 4 things. Plus I mean when I start the car without pressing the gas it it just cranks over but with the throttle wide open the car barely starts but revs up a little then just turns off like stalling out.

260

That's a huge grocery list and an awful lot of work to put into a G6 . I thunk to begin with I'd check compression on all cylinders . If you have all.those new engine parts and timing is correct it should read somewhere around 150 psi per cylinder .if you see 80 /90 or there about sometjing is wrong ,timing ,valve adjustment etc. I'd also clear all the codes to make sure the codes you have are hard faults . MaF will cause a non start /hard start no power issue .ckp. will definitely cause the same issues but again n it could be caused by incorrect ti ming . Pcm code can actually be set because sensors or ground wires are incorrectly attached or not making a good connection for whatever reason. Also check firing order aND that injector connectors are not crossed or not snapped in to lock prorerly .hope that helps Good luck

I will check compressions but I cleared all the codes once but the check engine is still on but not showing any codes now. I'm going to check the coils tomorrow see if I'm getting any fire to them hoping the ecm isn't the problem. Plus this car is all I have to work with for now lol really need it for a couple more months at least lol thanks again for the help. Let you know more tomorrow if I'm running or not.

155

Check to see if the exhaust is clogged... I have seen that happen in vehicles where the cat falls apart creating a clog... with out exhaust it will not start... u can check by removing the upstreme o2 sensors and try starting the car