My cd player recently stopped working.

Asked by Jun 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe

I have a 06 Pontiac g6 with a 6 cd disk changer and the last time I ejected a cd it acted as though it was not going to eject it but finally did. I have no cds in the cd player at the moment and when I try to put a cd in it spits it in and out a few times then tells me to remove the disk. Is there anything I can try before I have to have it repair? Also am I able to put a regular deck into the car without messing anything up since the stock radio gives me all the information about the car? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

5

could be dirty. get one of those air blasters in can with hose they sell at electronics stores, give her a few blasts in the slot. take all ds out first. If you got food or something on a cd and it got inthere maybe it is gumming up the works.

7,485

If cleaning it doesn't work, there's some good deals on Amazon that have radios with cd players mp3 input and bluetooth features for less than $100. U'll need to buy a convertion kit specific for ur car for about $20

Ok thanks! Very helpful

50

You can't just go. Huge any head unit and put it in. The information Center is displayed through the radio. You'll have to buy another factory one if you want to be able to access all your info and notifications. You "technically" could just out an aftermarket CD player in it, but you'll never know when it tells you anything and it can cause you to fail emissions even if there is nothing wrong with the car. My CD player just stopped working as well. I was gonna put an aftermarket CDMA player in it and when I called the stereo place, they reminded me that the info center was there, and taking it out could make the car fail testing. You can buy a special kit that will display your info on am aftermarket headunit, but it's 275 for the face kit. 50 for the antenna adapter, and you have to have a smart touch screen radio which is gonna cost you at least 250-300 for a used one..... so you're honestly better off just buying another factory one for like 300 brand new. Or find one that works at a salvage yard for probably 50-100