Everything is going to crap. Anyone else having these issues?

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 04:18 PM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe

I have several problems with my 2006 Pontiac g6 coupe. Yesterday the car would not
start, but the cd player kept rotating the cds. I had to replace the battery and the
vehicle seems to be working better now. The more I read into the battery issues though
it seems like even if the battery is replaced people are still getting the same problem of
the battery being drained. Also after I replaced the battery the drive side window would
not go up all the way. After doing research online, i figured out how to fix the issue. But
really, should all of these electrical issues keep happening? The other day I was driving
and the my car started flashing power steering on the radio screen. Others have had
the same issue, and now I am afraid that my power steering is going to go out. Also,
my car flashed service air bag the other day. What does that mean? It is not flashing
that any more. It just goes away. My car is also making the clicking noise from the
dashboard. Is there a simpler fix to that than replacing it? other things wrong with my
car, the sun roof leaks making the seat belts wet. Could this be causing a shortage
somewhere? Another issue with my car was that one day when driving it all of the
gauges went out on the dashboard. It did not read my mph, rpm, or amount of gas in
vehicle. I shut my car off and restarted it and it went back to normal. What is going on
here?

9,895

sounds to me like your computer is shorting try and see if you can't get the codes read on your car by a shop or a code reader of your own before you disconect the battery again. provide any codes that may show up it will give you a back log of whats been happening so far. and during some spare time check your wiring harneses and connections to the fuse box and relays as well as the computer to make sure there is not a corroded or loose connection. and check your computer for any possible spots for leakage into the main board

20

we replace battery annually! It will flash "service air bag" ONCE and within 2 days it will not start. I have owned this car for 10 years and have purchased 8 batteries.

9,895

that means you have a faulty airbag sensor. Try rebooting your car and unplugging the seat air bags and see if that corrects the issue. these are the likely culprits if you have them installed like my jetta. your other option is to take the car to a vw specialist and have the car scanned. They will be able to pin point the air bag that has gone faulty and unplug it. You can then grab one out of a car from the wreckers and replace it which would be much cheaper then buying one from vw.

I am having an issue with the dash lights. The seatbelt light never goes off even though we are buckled up, my check tire light stays on and so does my service airbag light. Today I notice that the outside temp gage is not working. This car has been the worst car I have owned.

9,895

i ment a gm dealer in my last post:P but yea what you can do is try a full reboot on the car. Unplug the battery and wait 15 minutes or get your hands on a obd2 reader read the codes then wipe the system. if this does not correct the issue i am guessing you have either a bad dash unit, Blown fuse or a bad relay.