Super simple! Hood lever location please!

Asked by Mar 31, 2016 at 08:32 PM about the 1993 Plymouth Acclaim 4 Dr STD Sedan

Super simple, cant locate the hood release lever at
all. Neither could advance auto parts guy.

5

All hood releases have a cable connecting the lever to the latch and are typically under/near the steering column or driver side firewall. The hood release is just to the right of the parking break release. It is a thin black handle just below the edge of the trim under the steering wheel. If you pull the lever and the hood does not release, it is likely the cable has snapped.

There is no lever at all, how do i get to the cable

5

If you lay on your back under the steering wheel, you might find the broken broken handle and, hopefully, the remains of the hood release cable tucked up unto an empty space. If you can't see it, you'll have to go to a mechanic and they can use a tool to release the hood latch. The latch is behind the grill and in front of the radiator. It's very tricky to get something in the tight space to release the hood.