My 95 Plymouth voyager 3.3 L van cranks but wont start. I just changed the fuel pump and fuel filter. I drove it to work and stopped starting again. What would I check next fuel injectors?

Asked by Aug 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM about the 1995 Plymouth Voyager SE

Some sensor maybe?

20

It has an Auto Shut Down Relsay, Cuts power to spark and Fuel Pump if high rexzistance is seen on the Fuel Pump Circuit , it's located w the Fan Relac and AC relay on the inner fender above the battery- Have someon turn the key from off to run, while you listen at the Gas Filler neck- you should hear a momentary bzz of the pump bringing up presure- if it's a new pump and no Bzz, then I'd look at that relay ($25 at Zone, I think) but, I'd, also, while you have a friend crank, check it for spark, also- Hope this helps! Also- sometimes you can get the relay to work by tapping it LIGHTLY while you friend cranks- if this starts it, replace the relay anyway.

1995 3.3L Voyager and others- Three oxidized or fouled multipin connectors for engine and transmission control modules were the cause and cleaning them was the cure for engine not starting (engine cranking but not hearing the fuel pump come on) and / or transmission limp mode, and I recommend checking these first before anything else- they are located: 1. against the firewall on passenger side (above the alternator) 2. on transmission housing- find the transmission dipstick and look straight down below 3. next to battery against the driver's side inner front fender (easy access once battery is removed) All three use a black plastic cover with a 5/16 head bolt to draw the multipin connector to and from the mating contacts, allowing equal positioning and minimizing misalignment. I sprayed both the male and female connectors with the cleaner and just used a paperclip wrapped with a single wrap of a piece of paper towel also soaked with cleaner to clean the male contacts one at a time- then bent an end of the paperclip open and wrapped with a single wrap to clean the female contacts...clean and change the piece of paper towel with every contact you clean. DO NOT TRY TO SAND OR SCRAPE THE CONTACTS WITH ABRASIVES OR METAL, it is important to avoid damaging the plating otherwise you will likely end up with bad connectivity and possible burned / overheated contacts, there is no reason to have this happen. I would also remove the fuse box cover, on the driver's side inner front fender, next to the windshield washer reservoir- and remove the trans fuse and relay (the positions are marked on the inner side of the fuse box lid) and clean the contacts just on the fuse and relay, I found varnish on these, maybe even swap the relay with any of the other in the box, are all the same type. I wish I had tried all this first as I probably didn't need to have the trans replaced with a used one- the symptoms had come back about a year afterward in the same way...now these problems have all disappeared. Hope this helps!