Speedometer not working -- need help please

Asked by Feb 12, 2011 at 07:15 PM about the 1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4 Dr STD Sedan

I have recently discovered that the speedometer in my wifes 1995 acclaim doesn't work.  I
replaced the speed sensor, and still no dice.  I am looking for a wiring diagram for the
instrumentation, as well as some advice as to what to check.  Could it be the speedometer itself,
or the body control module???  Please help.

60

does this car have a wheel speed sensor? check the fluid levels too, strangely ive seen that take affect into some cases

Try the cruise control. If it works, you need to replace the speedo gauge itself. If not: Remove vss, spin plastic pinion gear that did not come with the sensor, with key on engine off have an assistant watch for movement of the needle. If it moves, check for damage to the plastic teeth.

If gear is damaged, I have the last yellow one on the planet.