Should i buy a rebuild kit or overhaul kit & rebuild or get a used trans from ebay?

Asked by Nov 19, 2015 at 01:28 AM about the 1996 Plymouth Voyager SE

I have a 96 plymouth voyager that I've had in storage for 3years. it was parked back then after my girlfriend used it for a couple weeks & brought it back with a truck pulling it. i hung on to it because the motor ran really well. Now I want to get it driving again the cheapest way possible. Any suggestions? i put a new battery in it & it started right up.

79,115

Cheapest way possible, that question is up for determination. If you know how to rebuild transmissions, a rebuild kit is the cheapest. Get a used one that you don't have any idea what shape it actually is in, risk a install more than once, lots of wasted time and money there. If you plan on keeping the vehicle I would go to someone who is good at rebuilding tranys and pay the monies. Sure it is a big expense, but you would have a warranty on it, and save a lot of possible time and money in the long run.