Van tries to start but won't start

Asked by Sep 02, 2016 at 10:58 PM about the 1996 Plymouth Voyager Minivan

The van sounds like its honestly trying to
start but it doesn't. Not the battery or
cables, not the starter, doubt it's the
alternator but it's not getting spark. Where
should I start to trouble shoot and how do I
go about doing that...?

1,940

There are so many OTHER reasons a car won’t start. It could be a the main relay, no gas because of either no gas in the tank, or the fuel pump isn’t working properly, or it has a clogged fuel filter. It could be a bad spark plug, bad plug wire, or a combination of the two, carburetor choke, water in the distributor cap, bad points, bad injectors, accelerator pump, timing, broken timing belt, engine is flooded, a vacuum leak, or even a bad temperature sensor, or a combination of some or all of these. A blown head gasket will also prevent your car from starting if the engine is a four cylinder with two dead cylinders.

90

the skeleton anti theft program has caused lots of problems for that yr.need to have it scanned.ifthat's the cause need to replace PCM