Do I have a faulty ECM

Asked by Jul 04, 2015 at 10:45 PM about the 1997 Plymouth Voyager Minivan

200,000 miles-well maintained.  Car runs great except:  When key is turned on, computer dash lights don't come on and car starts, but immediately dies.  If I wait a day or two, computer lights come back and car might run for months without a problem, and it might not happen again for a year.  Is faulty  ECM the problem?

40

Try slamming the top of your dash above your speedometer with your open hand. Seriously, I have the same problem and got mad and hit the dash with my hand and it started right up. It has something to do with a short circuit solder in the instrument cluster that controls the security system. Good luck