car wont start

5

Asked by Jan 09, 2011 at 05:45 PM about the 1998 Plymouth Breeze 4 Dr Expresso Sedan

I have a 1998 breeze 2.0 that in wont start, i started it today it ran for about 5 minuets and quit started it again 5 minutes  later it quit again now it wont start at all just turns over, could it be a crank sensor?

3,405

Sounds like there is some problem with the fuel pump. To check this, turn the key to "ON" and listen for the fuel pump to turn on for a few seconds.

I would definitely check the fuel pump. Like Its been noted, put the key in the ON position; dont crank, you should hear a faint hum, thats the fuel pump. Could be a bad feeder of it cranks longer than normal when it does start, but sounds like total failure. I had a pump that went, pretty much no warning... one day, wouldn't start. I thought it was something else. Let it sit. Next day, started up no problem... same thing a week later. Then fine. And then it just gave out completely when driving. If it happens to be really rough and knocking/clanking hard when trying to start, thats a sure sign that's its not sending enough fuel...may just do a usual crank with no start if ots not sending at all.