my car runs fine and wen it warms up and u shut it of and start it again it runs like total crap?

Asked by Feb 08, 2013 at 07:25 AM about the 1998 Plymouth Breeze 4 Dr STD Sedan

i have a 1998 ply breeze it runs just fine till she gets warm and u decide to shut it off. then u go start it
and it miss fires really bad and wen u go down the road it bogs down like crazy and u ethier have to
floor it to get the rpm's up then it will go away after a few times of having to do that. i took it to auto
zone check engine light was on it pulled 3 codes all for bank 1 o2 sensor any ideas wats up with this
car it almost like the air fuel mixter is wrong almost like its not getting enough gas!

7,895

That is exactly what is wrong. Your O2 sensor is malfunctioning. Put a new one in quickly. It is likely running very rich, and fouling the plugs. In time, and not that much time, you will clog the cat and need a new one, too. You will find you fuel economy much better with the new O2 sensor as well.

alright cause i think its sucks on gas for a 4 cylinder

thank u

NO. not the 'black tape' solution for this problem. Have it tended to. O2 sensors are not that expensive. It's going to be worth your time to do it right!

The O2 sensor gets eaten away slowly, to where you're left with only a nub, which doesn't do the job. Ya gotta replace this one seeing as it's causing your buggy to be un-cooperative-

7,895

Bob: Read my answer. I said install a new one. Nowhere above is a 'black tape' solution suggested, although as a very temporary measure, that would work to keep the car operational for a very short period of time.

89,735

Michael and Auto Zone is right - replace that O2 sensor ASAP before it takes out the cat converter.

@michael, it's the first thought I had, that's where it came from. if I were broke and needed to keep drivin' would have to be a solution. Will the car quit?...in time.