Just bought a 1999 plymouth voyager 3.3. Starts & runs good, short drives, no problem. But any longer trips, sometimes i go to start it & nothiing. What could be the problem ? ............

Asked by Nov 16, 2015 at 10:56 PM about the 1999 Plymouth Voyager SE

If you keep turning the key on & off it eventually will start. Changed battery terminals & starter. Bypassed ignition, turned key to on position opened PDC compartment, took cap off of relay, started it by pressing the relay with my finger. Now I don't know if this is part of the same problem, but it had no backup lights. Put new bulbs in & the lights stayed on. I guess that's why there wasn't any bulbs in there. So I also took them out, till I get this figured out. Can't afford to replace everything by guessing. Frustrated cause my job is delivery.

300,145

Since you said you have to turn the key on and off several times, hence building up the fuel pressure so it will start. First, I'd check the fuel pressure, you might have a weak fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator.