Battery light keeps coming on and battery drains quickly ...??

20

Asked by Apr 10, 2014 at 03:32 AM about the 1999 Plymouth Voyager SE

I have a 99 plymouth voyager 3.3. my boyfriend cleaned a lot of corrosion off the positive battery terminal. A few days later the battery light started coming on and drained the battery to the point where the van quit in the middle of the road. Bought a new battery...same problem...took the alternator off brought it in and it checked out fine...replaced the connector on the positive battery cable...same problem. Took all the fuses out, cleaned or replaced the bad ones...same problem...WHAT ELSE COULD BE CAUSING THE BATTERY LIGHT TO KEEP COMING ON AND DRAINING THE BATTERY?? PLEASE HELP!!

22,235

running tests don't recognize Chrysler units

20

So where do I take the van/alternator/how can I test it myself to see if that is infact the problem. And why wouldn't the people working at O'Riely's have known this and said something?? :.(

550

Disconnect the pos battery term while the van is running see what happens

20

So what is/is not supposed to happen??

330

Hello, Please check this repair manual i uploaded for you! this should hep you find and fix the problem. http://bit.ly/plymouth-manual