Windshield replacement options on a 1999 van

25

Asked by Sep 19, 2013 at 05:57 PM about the 1999 Plymouth Voyager SE

Hi
I just bought a 1999 Plymouth Voyager Van.
It needs a new windshield.
My question is this:
I found several places that will do it installed for $200.  Some of them say it needs to have the three defrost strips in the windshield.

Then I found a reputable shop that will install a new winshield in this van for $120, but they don't offer the three defrost strips.

The shop that will do it for $120 says its a waste of money to pay the extra $100 just for the strips and the only time it makes a difference is if you have an inch of ice frozen on the windshield, it may help to melt that a little quicker.

My husband is concerned that if we go the cheap route and get a clear windshield fro $120 without the defrost strips that it will not defrost the window in the winter by just using the defrost fan on the dash.

I don't want to spend $250 for a windshield just to have the defrost strips, unless I have to so the vehicle windshield will stay defrosted.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

9,775

If you don't need them, don't pay the extra money- most cars heat up and defrost pretty quickly.

X2. A convenience, and not much of one at that.