Can I remove/replace the water inlet pipe without removing the water pump on a 3.0?

Asked by Sep 16, 2016 at 09:58 AM about the 2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

2000 plymouth voyager/3.0

Have a small coolant leak coming from near the thermostat.  Changed the
thermostat, it's not that.  From what I've read, it's possibly either the o-ring
where the inlet pipe connects to the water pump, or the inlet pipe itself has
become breached.

The repair manual I have does not cover replacement of the inlet pipe
anywhere, but apparently they ARE replaceable.  The book does cover
water pump/timing belt replacement though.

My question is, what do I need to pull to replace that water inlet pipe?

1 Answer


That's a great design, isn't it? If it's the pipe, you'd probably have to pull the intake plenum to replace it. You could probably get to the small bypass o-ring or hose, but the inlet pipe itself.... yeesh. Considering you have to pull the timing chain to remove the water pump, and that inlet pipe o-ring is on the backside of the water pump, it might be easier to pull the intake.

1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer

Plymouth Voyager Experts

  • #1
  • #1
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Dodge Caravan
427 listings
Used Chrysler Town & Country
193 Great Deals out of 12,872 listings starting at $899
Used Dodge Grand Caravan
215 Great Deals out of 29,615 listings starting at $1,200
Used Chrysler Voyager
43 listings
Used Plymouth Prowler
92 listings starting at $20,997

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.